TS 16949 Certification
The automotive industry Quality Management System (QMS) consists of ISO/TS 16949 Standard and the related customer-specific requirements (CSR).
- The 3rd edition is the latest version and it was published on the 15th of June 2009. It has been technically updated to align with ISO 9001:2008 Standard. The previous revision was based on ISO 9001:2000.
- Customer-Specific Requirements (CSR) is the additional requirements imposed by the OEM. These requirements will form part of the audit criteria during the certification & internal audits.
ISO/TS 16949:2008 was developed by IATF (International Automotive Task Force) members and approved by ISO (International Organization for Standardization) for publication. It is an industry specific Quality Management System (QMS) catering for automotive industries with the following objectives:
- Promote continue improvement
- Emphasis defect prevention, and
- Continual waste and variation reduction.
Benefits of TS 16949 Certification
- Improved product and process quality and reliability.
- Improved on-time delivery.
- Greater emphasis on supplier quality improvement efforts.
- ISO/TS 16949 satisfies automotive mandates of IATF members on a global basis, when complemented by fulfillment of customer-specific requirements
- Eliminates the need for multiple third-party registrations on a geographic basis
- Enables firms to upgrade from QS-9000, VDA 6.1, etc. during regularly scheduled surveillance audits, provided the registrar is IATF-approved for ISO/TS 16949.
- Promises more consistent auditing performance. Auditors of recognized ISO/TS 16949 registrars must undergo extensive training, testing and re-qualification to meet rigorous qualification requirements.
- 5/133, Ground Floor, Vineet Khand-5, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow-226010
- +91 97167 78456